2016H 7

Frederic Faye, technical director at Figeac since the 2012 vintage, is mainly responsible for the uprise of the property

2022 (barrel sample) 98-99p

Tasted in April 2023. It blends 35% Merlot, 34% Cabernet Franc, and 31% Cabernet Sauvignon and contains 14% alcohol. It has an amazing aroma of raspberries and redcurrants with mineral undertones. It is lively, sophisticated, and rich, with a tremendously long mid-palate, creamy berries, and finely grained tannins. The exquisite and long-lasting finish makes it one of the best vintages ever produced here.

2020 (barrel sample) 98+p

Tasted in May 2021. This wine blends 32% Merlot, 37% Cabernet Franc, and 31% Cabernet Sauvignon, with a 13.9% alcohol content. It has a fabulous nose of well-scented raspberries and redcurrants. It is classy, sophisticated, and tremendously structured on the mid-palate, with a constant flow of creamy berries and grained tannin. There is a significant contribution from C. Franc here. It’ll challenge the 2016 version and potentially become the best vintage yet for the property.

2019 (barrel sample) 98p

It was tasted in June 2020. It is 30% Merlot + 34% C. Sauvignon + 36% C. Franc, 14.1% alcohol. It is an extremely promising wine with great build-up and precision. Both Cabernets contributed perfectly, providing great minerality, depth, and backbone. Figeac says their C. Franc is the best harvested in the last 20 years! Merlot contributes to voluptuousness and creamy fruit. Is it the best Figeac yet made by the present staff?

2018 97+p

Tasted twice - last time in February 2021. Consistent notes. It comprises 37% Merlot, 30% C. Franc and 33% C. Sauvignon. Dense and tight, it closed at the moment (February 2021), not revealing much of the great things it undoubtedly possesses. However, there's no doubt this wine has immense potential to become the best vintage for this property in the last 30 years. 

2016 98p

Tasted twice - last time in November 2021. Consistent notes. 36% Merlot,  26% C. Franc and 38% C. Sauvignon. Perfectly ripe berries supplied by grained tannin, fabulously balanced and with great complexity, a lengthy mid-palate, and a spectacular finish. Velvety, distinguished, and an incredibly precise wine! Amazing effort.

1998 95p

Tasted in March 2017. This vintage at Figeac has an excellent reputation among wine freaks, and it was confirmed with aplomb when tasted in 2017. Sensual, classy, fruity, and aromatic nose of cherries and raspberries, deep, sophisticated, and long on the palate. Great effort for this property!

1983 94p

Tasted in February 2020. Powerful nose of ripe raspberries, concentrated on the palate, showing great finesse, elegance, complexity, and depth. Quite a delightful wine.

1982 95p

Tasted twice - last time in November 1990. Consistent notes. Black red. There are loads of ripe fruit and tannin. It is very concentrated, with a lot of ripe blackcurrants, blackberries, and blueberries. Grained tannin. Great mid-palate, structure, and length. It's a formidable wine with a very long life ahead of it.

1975 94p

Tasted twice - last time in February 2020. Consistent notes. This property usually has 66% Cabernet in the blend, with half Cabernet Franc and half Cabernet Sauvignon. The remaining 34% is Merlot. Impressive length, complexity, and structure. Sophisticated stuff. In full bloom right now. 

1959 96p

Tasted in November 1990. It's a very dark color. It is very complex and intense on the nose with dark berries, vibrant with finesse, and has great depth on the palate. It is bold, awesomely structured, has a great midpalate, and has a has a long aftertaste. Exceptionel wine.

1949 99-100p

Tasted it in May 1987, from jeroboam. It is definitely one of the best wines I have ever tasted! It's a great dark color, and the nose is aristocratic, refined, and elegant. Ripe raspberries and blackcurrants flow in constant streams. It is perfectly structured, complex, and has lots of life. What a fantastic wine!!

20231012 131028


©2003-2024 greatbordeauxwines.com